1. Stabilize new and continuing student enrollment
a. Develop new or showcase existing undergraduate, graduate, or dual degree opportunities to respond to current or new student inquiry or interests
b. Provide adequate and necessary support for student recruitment and retention within the current environment and institute the approved recommendations from the Retention Plan 2021
c. Develop or showcase mission-aligned programs that best tell the Buffalo State story
d. Design programs to meet the needs of workforce development (e.g., micro-credentialing, certificates, etc.)
e. Expand dual enrollment, continued education programs, and niche short-term programs
2. Evaluate campus operations, staffing levels and job duties across campus to determine appropriate targets given current constraints
a. Assess needs by division and identify and optimize efficiencies and/or improve customer service
b. Create cross-divisional collaborations to meet campus needs when possible
3. Increase fundraising activities to support current strategic priorities and expand opportunities to maintain the relevancy and strong position of a Buffalo State degree
a. Increase donor dollars through increasing individual giving
b. Increase awards from foundations that align with our urban-engaged anchor mission, JEDI excellence, or that support overall academic quality
c. Increase collaborations with partners that provide support for campus priorities
d. Seek state/federal support and increase funding options now and post the pandemic
4. Implement and maintain the campus focus on health and safety including those within our reopening plans and required by the CDH guidance, NY State Health guidance, CDC guidance, and SUNY guidance.
a. Support efforts that advance the health and safety of the campus community
b. Continue to plan for varied scenarios that can impact the health/safety of campus members
5. Continue to develop, finalize, or utilize plans to guide the campus efforts: including the next strategic plan; assessment plans for current efforts; strategic resource planning process; multi-year enrollment and divisional plans; implementing JEDI excellence or other plans that secure our future success.
Note: These priorities are to stabilize and maintain the momentum of campus during this extraordinary period. These do not preclude other significant campus objectives based on the 2016-21 strategic plan. The new strategic plan will be completed spring 2022 and will delineate goals to guide future campus work.